Virat Kohli, captain of Indian Cricket team was born on 5 November, 1998.He is captain of Indian cricket team since 2013.He played of Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League. According to ICC ranking, he is constantly rated as one of the top rank batsman in the world. He is one of the best contemporary batsman in the world.
Virat Kohli was born on 5 November 1998 in New Delhi. His nickname is chikoo. His height is 1.75 m. He is having Black hair color and dark brown eye color. He is right handed to order batsman.
Virat Kohli’s father name was Prem Kohli, he was a criminal lawyer . Saroj Kohli, mother of Virat Kohli is a housewife. . His elder brother is Vikas and his elder sister is Bhavna.
Wife and children
Vibrate is married to well known actor- producer, Anushka Sharma on 11 December, 2017 in Florence, Italy. They both were blessed with baby girl on 11 January 2021.Their relationship started in 2013They named their little princess Vamika.
Virat did his schooling from Vishal Bharti Public School. Kohli was trained in cricket academy under Rajkumaar Sharma, cricket coach and former Ranji Trophy player.
Virat Kohli first played for Delhi under -15 team in October 2002 in 2002-03 Polly Umrigar Trophy. In 2004 , he played in Delhi Under -17 team for the 2003-04 Vijay Merchant Trophy. In 2006 ,he was selected in India Under -19 squad. He made his first class debut for Delhi against Tamil Nadu in November 2006, when he was 18 years old and scored 10 in his debut innings. In April 2007 he made his Twenty 20 debut and in Inter – state T20 championship he was highest run- getter. In February- March 2008,Kohli played in Indian team for ICC Under -19 Cricket World Cup held in Malaysia.
In 2008 Kohli played in Indian squad for tour of Sri Lanka and Champions Trophy in Pakistan. In September 2008 Kohli replaced injured Shikhar Dhawan in India A squad for test against Australia A. He played Delhi in the Nissar Trophy against SNGPL. In July – August 2009 , Kohli was selected in the four – team Emerging players Tournament held in Australia and became highest run- getter in it by scoring 398 runs from seven matches at an average of 63.3.
He replaced injured Gautam Gambhir in Indian squad for tri series in Sri Lanka. In 2009 ICC champions Trophy Kohli replaced Yuvraj Singh, He played as reserve batsman in seven – match home ODI series against Australia. In January 2010,Kohli played for tri – national ODI tournament in Bangladesh. He became third Indian batsman to score two ODI centuries.
In May – June 2010 Kohli was vice – captain for tri series against Sri- Lanka and Zimbabwe. He became fastest Indian batsman to reach 1,000 runs in ODI cricket. He became highest run getter in ODIs in 2010.In January 2011 he came on the second position in ICC ranking for ODI batsman and became the member of 15 – men squad for the World Cup. He became first Indian batsman to score a century on World Cup debut. India got World Cup after 1983.He was appointed vice – captain for the 2012 Asia cup in Bangladesh. In July – August 2012 , Kohli made two centuries in five – match ODI tour of Sri – Lanka and was awarded man of the match for both the matches. In 2013 he played for ICC champions Trophy in England and Trophy was won by India.
Records achieved by Virat Kohli are
- First Indian to achieve century on World Cup debut
- Third Indian to two ODI centuries before the age of 22.
- Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 runs in ODI cricket.
- Fastest to score 25 ODI tons.
- Fastest to reach 7,500 0DI runs.
- Third player to score 3 double hundred.
- First Indian Captain to win 9 Test in a year.
- First Indian captain to make 5 successive test wins.
- Making the highest score of 235 in Tests as a Indian cricket team captain.
- First Indian captain to score double century in overseas Test.
- Made highest runs in IPL in single season.
- Highest Hundreds in IPL in fourth year.
- He is first Indian who scored three consecutive centuries in ODI cricket.
- He is fastest player to score 19,000 runs in international cricket.
- Highest run – scorer. In January 2020 while playing against Australia in Bengaluru, he scored 11208 runs as a captain in total of 199 innings.
- Arjuna Award in 2013
- Padma Shri in 2017
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2018
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy
- ICC ODI Player of the year in 2012,2017,2018
- ICC Test player of the year
- ICC ODI Team of the year
- ICC Test Team of the year
- ICC spirit of cricket in year 2019
- ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of Decade
- ICC Men’s Test Team of Decade
- ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Decade
- ICC Men’s T20 Team of the Decade
- Polly Umrigar Award for International Cricket for international cricket of the year
- Wisden Leading Cricketer in the world
- CEAT International Cricketer of the year
- Barmy Army
- People Choice Award India for favorite sportsman
- CNN – News 18 Indian of the year