Records made till day 3 of WTC final:
Kane Stuart Williamson – led New Zealand team was at better position against Virat Kohli – led India team on third day of World Test Championship played at Rose Bowl, Southampton.
First day was washed out because of unfavorable weather conditions. Troubles did not come to an end on the second day as bad light was the factor that affected the match.The match was delayed on the third day of big battle because of wet outfield.
Records made till day 3 of WTC final are mentioned in this article.Virat Kohli – led side was not able to give a good performance as the team continued with the score of 146 for 3 and managed to score only 217 runs in 92.1 overs. All the players were dismissed on the third day of WTC final.
Kyle Jamieson has shown highly energetic performance by picking up 5 wickets and giving away only 31 runs.
Taking about batting side, vice-captain of team India, Ajinkya Rahane was proved best performer of India team as he made highest score of 49 runs.
New Zealand team while batting looked quite energetic and able to make the score of 101/2 till the end of day 3 of WTC final.
Devon Conway gave 54 runs with his bat. He was able to complete hi half-century but after that lost his wicket to Ishant Sharma.
Opening partnership of Latham and Conway gave excellent start and the contribution of 70 runs but Latham lost his wicket to Ravi Ashwin after scoring 30 runs from his bat.
Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor both were at crease and will continue to play on day 4.
Some important stats and records made till day 3 of WTC final:
Ajinkya Rahane’s records made till day 3 of WTC final:
- Ajinkya Rahane completed his 3000 test runs after scoring 49 runs in this match and became the second player of team India after Virat Kohli who has achieved 3428 test runs while playing outside the country.
Tom Latham and Devon Conway’s records made till day 3 of WTC final :
- Partnership of openers of New Zealand – Tom Latham and Devon Conway contributed 70 runs by facing more than 100 balls. It happened for the second time in last ten year that openers of New Zealand faced more than 100 balls while playing test match against India. Before this, incident took place in test match in 2016, when Martin Guptill and Tom Latham faced more than 100 balls.
Tom Latham records made till day 3 of WTC final:
- Tom Latham completed his 4000 runs in test match as an opener in this match and became the second player of New Zealand after John Wright with 5260 runs to have such a great achievement.
- It happened for the fifth time in this match that Ravi Ashwin dismissed Tom Latham.
Devon Conway records made till day 3 of WTC final:
- Devon Conway became the fourth player of New Zealand, who scored half- century in first three matches of his test career and he has made this scores while playing in England.
- Devon Conway smashed 350 test runs and become the first player of New Zealand to score highest runs in the first 5 Test matches.
- Devon Conway is the fourth player of New Zealand who has made half – century in the first three Test matches of his career. He has made all these scores while playing in England.
Kyle Jamieson records made till day 3 of WTC final:
- It happened for the fifth time that Kyle Jamieson made a five-wicket haul while playing in World Test Championship and surpassed 3 players – Axar Patel, Ravi Ashwin and Nathan Lyon as they all were able to make 5 wicket haul for four times.
- Kyle Jamieson became the fourth bowler to make 5-wicket haul in the final of an ICC match with second best bowling figure.
Ishant Sharma records made till day 3 of WTC final:
- Ishant Sharma picked up 1 wicket in this match and became the fourth Indian bowler to pick 200 wickets in test match.